Monday, August 16, 2010

Your mom being friends with your ex?

Would it bother you if you mom was friends and hanging out with, your ex? My mom is. I dated the guy for 3 years and we were engaged. He cheated on me multiple times, had sexual thoughts about children, tried to have sex with his dog, did drugs behind my back and lied about everything.. he was just a scum bag. He was verbally abusive to me and eventually I finally found the courage to leave him. He ends up getting a woman he used to cheat on me with pregnant a month later, and they get married. Not only does my mom go to the wedding, she let them have my wedding supplies like my tiara, to use in their wedding since I wasn't going to be using them. She visits them and is always complimenting them, how adorable their baby is and how beautiful his wife is.


I wish this didn't annoy me, but it does. It's definitely not the biggest deal in the world, but I'm just wondering if anyone else would be annoyed by this too. I dont think she should be MEAN to them, and I myself tried to be civil with the guy afterward even though he wasn't willing to be civil with me. But I just feel a little lack of family loyalty here. Just wondered if it's normal or not. Thanks, and please don't be too harsh okay? I know how brutal yahoo answers can be. :)Your mom being friends with your ex?
It would bother me too. Probably to the point where i would become estranged from my mother. Forget that he is my ex, but if my mother is okay with someone that is just that shitty of a person, then that is not ok with me. And letting them use you're wedding supplies? that is totally not ok. She might as well have handed over you're wedding dress and engagement ring.





I don't know. I totally agree with you and think that you have every right to be bothered.Your mom being friends with your ex?
it's weird your mom is doing that.if the guy was abusive to her own daughter and cheated on her there should be no connecting with him what so ever.or maybe she doesn't know all of this,but either way i hope nothing weird is going on between them and that's why she is so involved in his life and being nice.
Don't worry, I would be very annoyed and maybe even angry at my mom for doing that. I guess all you can do is brush it off, don't let that get in the way of the relationship you have with your mother.
yes that is kind of strange.


but i could see my mom doing it too.


i understand your position but just tell your mother how you feel and maybe she wont brag on them too much.


he sounds like a creeper by the way.


haha.. have sex with his dog?


wow creepooo.
Yes it would disturb me :-(. this guy.. with what you say, it doesn't even surprise me. Maybe somewhere, he knows you must hear about this friendship, and be annoyed (so he exists in some way for you/in your thinking.) i dont know..


So don't even focus on him anymore!! at least you have been saved, didnt marry him and dont have to watch them getting too close ..: if he tried to have sex with his dog and think of children, i dont think limits exist for him..


and i hate when men think they can be friends with girlfriends/moms. no. no respect. you deserve way better.


So%26lt; dont think, focus on him, of that, even when it is hard, force yourself, there is no him, he is your past, he doesn't deserve more, so let him there. But your mother... that's hurting, yes..


i understand what you feel and im a stranger.. so maybe if you express to her again and again.. she must be a little nice and close to you (or you wouldnt talk to her at all, like i did with my mom for years: you see there is worst. you guys must still be okay together,) ...so maybe she will get it too! good luck.


and please, focus on a better ';type'; of guy okay;-). that's even more important cause it's for you. eyey,

No comments:

Post a Comment