Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you maintain friendships with people when they are friends of your ex as well?

We had many friends as a couple, now we are not together I feel that some of those people feel awkward, as there are divided loyalties.


Is there any way to make it easier for them? or should I just start afresh?How do you maintain friendships with people when they are friends of your ex as well?
One way to make it easier would be to let them know that you understand that they are still friends with your ex and you do not expect them to not be friends with her. Some of them may feel that you do not approve of them being friends with her. That being said, it may be a little hard for you to have mutual friends if you still have feelings for her. Because believe me they will let you know every little detail about her and vice versa. It may be a good idea to let them know you don't care to hear about her comings and goings (that is if you don't want to hear about them). Also let them know you don't want every aspect of your life shared with her. My ex boyfriend's brother and sister-in-law wanted to maintain a friendship with me, but it is hard. I do talk to them from time to time and thankfully they don't talk about him that much, but it is still awkward for me. I hope that helps a little. I wish you the best.How do you maintain friendships with people when they are friends of your ex as well?
Start anew.
It depends...on the person... if they can COMPARTMENTALIZE - and how good a friend they were.





It can be awkward, but it doesn't have to.





You may come up with rules... NO TALKING ABOUT MILDRED or maybe It's okay to talk about Mildred.





It's probably harder on YOU then them.
DEFFLY START FRESH..I BEEN THRU THAT SITUATION...ITS THE BEST CHOICE.
I have the same problem, but you should not act any different around them than if you were still in a relationship, show then that your break up won't effect your relationship with them

No comments:

Post a Comment