Monday, August 16, 2010

Are you friends with your Ex's ';New Love';??

Should you be??? Especially if she is going to be your child's new step mom??





I don't dislike her. I'm actually glad she's in my ex's life (gives him something else to do, lol) but the Ex thinks I should write out recipes for her, call her on the phone, counsel her on how to be pregnant with their twins....





Isn't that just more than slightly wrong?? The divorce isn't even final! I will visit with her if I have to, and I wouldn't be mean to her.... I just don't really care to socialize with this chick. Specially since she's been warming his bed before I even kicked him out of it!





Am I wrong to think my ex is expecting just a little too much??Are you friends with your Ex's ';New Love';??
She may not want that kind of relationship with you either. If SHE asks for a recipe, or your advice about being pregnant, then if you feel o.k. with it, go ahead. I do think he's expecting too much from you. Only go there if you are comfortable with it.Are you friends with your Ex's ';New Love';??
I was married for 23 years and we have four daughters, 17 to 22. My ex is living with a woman about half an hour away and while I don't know her well, we see each other and are very cordial with each other. She seems great.





You have to be nice, you don't have to be her friend....if your ex wants you to, tell him you pick your own friends and you just aren't interested in that kind of weird triangle.





Yes, he's expecting too much.
In today's times of spitful people It's nice that you and her get along even though you don't have to. There's no reason for you to be overly nice to her however.





As long as you feel comfortable, interact with her without compromising yourself and feeling like an ***.





Just remember you aren't responsible for him anymore, that's her burden now. Maybe she's just now starting to see what she got herself into, and figure since you dealt with him you are the best source of advice.
Ok I am not in your situation, but on the opposite side of it. I would not be buddy buddy with her but I would do as you have been doing. Be decent when you have to. Treat them like a business relationship.
No, is might be a little to much for you. Only you know how much you can handle. But a positive relationship with her because of your children is important. I would tell her how you feel and let her know that you need to draw the line somewhere You only need to have a respectful relationship not a buddy buddy one.
';Sounds to me like your ex isnt 100% sure about what this woman is capable of being as a wife / mother , it also sounds like he wants his cake and to eat it too';.





';The only communication you need to have with either of them is the concern of your child 's happiness and welfare while your child is in their house , other then that dont put yourself out there , she has a mother I pressume if she needs recipe's let her get them off her';.





';Your not wrong in thinking he is expecting to much remind him he isnt the king of your castle anymore he has a new castle and move on , good luck';.
Personally I think your ex should stay out of your relationship with his ';new love'; and let you and her develop your own relationship. I'm actually thrilled you don't hate her outright, given the details you have provided.





I met my husband a month before his divorce was final. We had our first date the day after the papers were signed and married 6 months later. After nearly 12 years I can tell you I would love to have a chance not to be treated like the ';other woman';---especially since I never was. And I'm begging here--not ashamed to admit it--please don't take your child's relationship with their stepmom as a personal affont. It really has nothing to do with how good or bad you are as a mom. Kids need to develop relationships with the adults in their lives, it gives them a sense of control and belonging. In the year that we were first married my stepdaughter was given the message by her mom that it was not ok to like me or care about me in any way--too late since she already did. This led to bed wetting and stress for the child and the 4 yr old child calling me in the dead of night to whisper ';I love you'; and hang up. It was heartwrenching.





To be honest, if your child feels comfortable to have a positive relationship with their stepmom it is kudos to you because you have raised them well.

No comments:

Post a Comment