Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can you be friends with your ex?

My boyfriend and I have completely different opinions on this. I don't stay friends with any of my ex's, as far as I'm concerned you have spent your time with them and it didn't work out and you move on with your life. My boyfriend is the opposite. He is adamant about keeping in touch with his ex's. He has told his ex's (2 in particular) that he will remain friends with them for the rest of their lives and that they will always hold a place in his heart. Although they don't live in the same city and the correspondence is usually on email, I still find this a little difficult to comprehend. Why does he feel the need to stay in touch with them if it hurts my feelings. I have told him how I feel and now he doesn't tell me if he has heard from them or if he has got in touch with them unless I ask. Am I being unreasonable?Can you be friends with your ex?
yerh you can still be friends with your ex.





im friends with 2 of mine,


the rest arnt to keen on keeping in touch.





xCan you be friends with your ex?
I don't think your being unreasonable, his reasons for keeping in touch are quite deep, that they'll always hold a place in his heart, but to me that seems rather strange. I've never met a guy like that, but maybe it's just his personality. Only you could know whether this is typical of him, maybe he has a really sweet personality.
of COURSE you can be friends with your ex's


true, you move on


but it doesn't mean that all you've gone through with your ex just has to be forgotten, kept away, and never be reminded again


he can grow up to be one of the closest people who understand you


so it's now about trust between you both


you have to have enough truth in your bf to know that he won't do anything w/ his ex's


cuz they ARE his EX'S and you ARE his GF
my ex promised to remain friends, and didn't.





what a douche, i hate it so much, cause i think you can be friends with ex's





i know heaps of people like that - however it leads to dating again.





It was basically a mutal break-up and he hangs with all my friends so i see him all the time, but he doesn't talk to me =[
They have been a part of his life for a period of time, you don't forget stuff like that. They will have had an impact on who he is today. Not all relationships end badly. I will always be friends with most of my ex's. Don't be jealous about it, he's with you now. Making an issue of it could push him away. Everyone has history - you can't escape it. Just accept that you have different opinions about this stuff and enjoy each other. :-)
Well if he feels like h needs t stay in touch with them, its possible he might still have feelings for them. But at the same time if he loves you,then it shouldnt be to much of a problem. As long as you dont sense any foul play dont worry. just try not to let it bother you.
Yes, you are being unreasonable. You should accept your boyfriend's past if you want to be in his future. You should also be happy your boyfriend is mature and open-minded enough to realize that most meaningful relationships are multidimensional and often do not end as they began.
i fink you shud Talk 2 him if it works 4 you tho


coz me has been in that position with my ex i dnt Talk 2 him coz he was making me do stuff that i didn't wanna do and he was also a jerk 2.





it is really up 2 you babe if you wanna or not.
I think that you can be friends with your ex's


I'm friends with two of my ex's and one is my best friends!





however one of my ex's I can't stand to be in the same room with so I guess it depends on the person!
An ex is an ex for a REASON! it seems weird to still want to keep in touch, tell him how it makes you feel there ould be no secrets from BOTH of you! GOOD LUCK.
i dont think you can im not friends with any of mine dont mean i dont talk to them if i bump into any
You can be friends, but it's hard sometimes.


And you're not being unreasonable.
Yes I think you are being totally unreasonable, I think its good if you can stay friends with your exes
No you are not! I don't think it is possible for people to be friends after they break up. One may think it's an innocent friendship and other wants more! Then what?
It all depends on how the relationship finished. I'm friends with some and not with others.
forget about the *****
Yehh Yuu Cann Buhh Itt Dependss On Whyy Yuu Stoppedd Gowiin Outt Inn Thaa Fiirstt Placee =)





%26lt;3
sure why not
S.pose it depends why you broke up with person
I have many ex girlfriends and I still keep in touch with more than half of them. Some of my ex's didn't care for this and felt the same way you do. But my rationale is that some of them were my friends before we dated so I don't see why the friendship has to end once the romance has faded. It's not like I'm going out to see them or have lunch with them. It's usually through email or through chat and it's only once in a blue moon, not like every day. Stop being so possessive about who your boyfriend is friends with. If there's no trust in the relationship, it'll be over sooner than you know it.
how funny me and my partner have exacly the same problem..he keeps in touch with two exs and the 3rd has hes daughter! but the 2 are hes 1 loves as such!! they ring him email him it drives me mad..we lost our son at 24 weeks and he rang him bloody ex to talk about it i went mental....





NO ur right girl u stick to ur guns if u dnt have kids wiv em or ties then why do u wanna bring ur past into your future..women r naturaly teritoral we see these women as threats...ones that have had relations with..men are so thick grrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment