Monday, August 16, 2010

Can you really be friends with your ex?

I was with my boyfriend (now ex) for 2 1/2 years. We broke up about 2 months ago. It was not a mutual break up....he broke up with me b/c of my clinically diagnosed anxiety problems. I know it was for the better b/c I now realize how unhappy I was in the relationship.





He doesnt understand why we cant be friends. I am still really hurt and feel betrayed and used...and he cant understand why I feel this way or why I cant just be over it. It does bother me that he has moved on so quickly and easily (he is online dating and stuff). We also live in a very small town and he doesnt understand why I dread running into him,...especially if he is with a new girl.





Is it possible for ex's to be friends? How do you not get jealous or upset if you see your ex with someone else? Is it not weird to be friends if you are dating other people? Am I overreacting and should I just be friends or do I have the right to be upset with him?Can you really be friends with your ex?
The first step is forgiving him for what he did. The second step is realizing that he's not in your life for a reason. Reflect on the relationship and really ask yourself if he was the type of person you need in your life.....and i mean in general, not just as a boyfriend. If he doesn't have qualities that you look for in a friend, then there's no need for a friendship.


When relationships end it's hard to move on. You wonder what could've been all the time. But they're are lessons to learn....lessons that help you grow into a better person and lessons that will benefit you in the next relationship. Learn to love yourself first babes. And when you do that, you won't deal with the bullshit people bring your way, because you'll know that you deserve better. It's not easy (TRUST) but remember this: PACIENCIA Y FE (PATIENCE AND FAITH)!


Blessed Be!!Can you really be friends with your ex?
yes you do have the rite to be upset with him it will take time 1 day you might be friends with him but it will hurt 2 see him with another girl that's just natural
They say that two past lovers who can remain friends either never were in love, or still are.





I'm (officially, at least,) still friends with my ex, as we dated for so long that our individual groups of friends merged into one, and we couldn't exactly divide them up again when we broke up!





It is very difficult though, the weirdest part is when one or both of you start seeing other people, because friends automatically want all the gossip... and sometimes it can be difficult, or even just plain awkward, to listen to your ex talk about where to take his date, or how to get in her pants afterwards!





My ex and I were very close, (to be honest when we were dating we were best friends,) and we loved each other very much.... we don't have that friendship anymore, just because it's too awkward. We are *officially* still friends at least, for the sake of our friends, and we are polite to each other and can hold a conversation, but it's just never been the same.





If you still have issues about the breakup, then I'd advise you to get some space from him for a while, you need to be over your feelings for him before you even try to embark on a friendship with him, or you will start to resent him for telling you about his dates and life without you, and you will lose him completely.
I think its possible but after a significant amount of time has passed to allow you to get over all the feelings that you have regarding him and the relationship. But in reality I would want to know why he wants to be friends. Sometimes they just want to hang on to someone until they find someone new. So if you feel its a worthwhile friendship i'd say ask him to give you some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment