Friday, August 20, 2010

Still Friends With Your Ex?!?

OK - me and my ex broke up on good terms over a year ago after living together for 5+ years - we came close to marriage a couple of times but it never happened because we were both hesitating. Now we are still hanging out once a week and talk on the phone 3-4 times a week. I've gone out with two girls in the mean time but am not in a serious relationship right now and so does she.





I do not think that we would remain friends if we were in a relationship though...





What do you think? Has anyone out there remained friends with their ex and how long did this friendship lasted?... Still Friends With Your Ex?!?
My ex and I stayed friends for another year after we broke up. We even moved in together as roommates (separate bedrooms) for six months. When I moved out, he stopped contacting me completely. And I only moved out because I was going back home for the summer (we were in college). He had plans to come visit me just three weeks after I moved out. For me, I've realized I only stay friends with an ex until I'm finally ready to move on. I knew I didn't want to date this guy again, but I wasn't ready to move on yet either. You're probably right, you will stop speaking when one of you is in a relationship. But, how likely are either of you to start dating someone else when you spend that much time together? I didn't date anyone else the entire year we were friends simply because he occupied all of my time. You won't move on until you're ready to, or until she is, and that forces you to not spend time with her. As long as you're happy with where things are right now, keep it up. Just stay a bit guarded because sooner or later one of you will meet someone else, and they won't be cool with you being best buddies with your ex. It is perfectly acceptable to remain on amicable terms with an ex. I wouldn't advise the type of friendship you have though. But like I said, you won't stop it until you're ready to, just like I did. It's always so much easier to tell someone what to do when you're on the outside! Best of luck! You guys will figure it out sooner or later!Still Friends With Your Ex?!?
Well me and my ex broke up about five months ago and we tried to remain friends but in the end as soon as he found a gf I was out the door. I have a bf and still wanted to be his friend but in the end it is a choice, he said he was my best friend and yet as soon as he got a new gf he doesn't want anything to do with me. So I mean I don't know it may be able to work but just from my experience I don't think it is fair to you or your emotions to rely on the friendship.
I dated a guy for 3 years going on 4 and i can tell you we could never be just friends. Although every relationship is different we always seemed to get jealous if one was dating someone else. It was better for us to be done with it. Plus, i doubt whoever you date now would be ok with you still hanging out and talking to your ex that you lived with..just put yourself in their position. Best of luck.
I am still friends with my ex. We split up almost two years ago now and had been together for about 8 before we split.





I have a new boyfriend but he doesn't like talking about him too much but other than that we get on great.





It can work but it depends on each individual person.
I'm friends with all my exes. i think its good to keep ties with someone youve been with for so long. Ive always become close to them and like to talk and hang out every now and then. if you truly dont feel feelings for her still, stay friends as long as you can!
Personally no I have'nt stayed friends with an ex- I don't think it's healthy to. There are so many people in this big wide world that it's easy to make new friends. Too toxic, you can't grow or move on otherwise.
I am friends with my ex husband. I am remarried, we don't meet for coffee or anything but he does call once in a while to see how I'm doing. I think that is nice, I don't want any enemies! xox
yea i remained friends with to of my ex's one just recently is gone cause she played around the other im still friends with an have been friends with her for about 4years an still going



I have exed my X
My ex-husband and I were best friends for over 5 years, and high school sweethearts. We decided to divorce 2 years ago and we still talk to this day. We talk about anything and everything.. I see him every time he is in town and we still have a ton of fun together, even if he has a gf or not. He still looks at me as a best friend because he knows he can trust me. I know in my heart I would never go back with him but our personalities just click so well, that I know we are just meant to be really good friends.





It really depends on the type of person your ex is, I have some other good friends that are ex's.. and some that I would never want to see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment