Monday, August 16, 2010

So, how far does this ';don't date your friends ex'; thing really go?

Me and Sinead best friends when we were 15. Sinead and I meet group of people. Sinead starts going out with Rob (6 year relationship). She pretty much dumps our friendship for him and over the following years really only makes contact when she has no one else to go to.





Also, over the years, insisted that there was a secret attraction between us and that I was trying to steal him away.





Finally, they broke up for good last year. Bumped into sinead a few months back who STILL insisted something was going on and then tells me that she doesn't want to be friends with a person like me!





Last week, I kissed Rob and now we are seeing each other.


i am no longer friends with Sinead after her years of accusations (what kind of friends were we anyway if she never trusted me- or him for that matter).





Will this look really terrible when it comes out that we are together? Should I even care? Will this make her think she was right all along? and do you think I am in the wrong?





Nothing ever happened while I was friends with her or while they were going out. I only saw him as a friend!





Thanks for any answers. I am kind of torn on this one as I have to make a decision to go back to being friends, or publicly go out :)So, how far does this ';don't date your friends ex'; thing really go?
I think that regardless of what you said you felt while you and Sinead were still friends, by going out with him now you are proving her right. It's really hurtful to her, even though they broke up, that you would go out with someone who she was with for 6 years. In my opinion, it would be best to just stay friends with Rob and not pursue it any further. It's up to you though.So, how far does this ';don't date your friends ex'; thing really go?
She prob wont want to be friends with you as she will believe she was right all along.





dont you think us women are weird? its like our exes are our property.





maybe you should sit her down and talk to her. its best she finds out from you than anyone else or she will probably think you are sneaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment