Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is it possible to be good friends with your ex?

Basically, I broke up with my ex about a month ago.





I haven't gotten over it yet, I don't know how long it will take either. I took time off from talking to each other for a couple weeks but I've spent most of those two weeks entertaining myself in my ex's interests - things we have in common or things she likes to do and that I made my hobbies in the process of our relationship .. or basically I'm just entralled in our past relationship for some awkward reason.





In any case, I'm trying to make a very hard effort to get past my feelings for her, because in reality I know I'm one of the few close friends she has.. I know her like a book, I think I know her better than anyone except her mother. When we talk, we usually already know most of the answers when we ask each other questions and in essense we have the same interests so it's always an entertaining conversation. Infact I think I'm probably her best friend outside of her mom.





So this is my problem, I want to maintain our friendship and I want to be there for her as a friend. I basically want to be there when she needs me, but I know our 'relationship' might cause some difficulties getting past the stigma that we're an ex-couple.





I don't really know what to do, how should I approach this and what other ways besides 'giving it time' can I make this work? I mean, It's obvious I'm rambling about my ex because I care about her that much, at the same time though we're not a couple anymore but I know she probably feels the same way in most aspects.. We try to talk about this, but however she either tells me to not tell her my feelings and just keep it as friends or to take a time out and get over it .. Or that we shouldn't be friends if I'm going to make her feel awkward. Help?Is it possible to be good friends with your ex?
SEND HER ARTICLES ON HOW TO ACHIEVE fwb (friends with benefits) STATUS.....AND READ THE ARTICLES URSELF AS WELL.....NOTE THAT CONDOMS ARE ADVISEDIs it possible to be good friends with your ex?
It's possible, but not now. Give yourself and her space, and try and move on with your life. Wait for her to contact you and try to meet to discuss a possible friendship. Good Luck!
When I broke up with my ex I told him I just wanted to be friends. He got really mad and was like, ';I can't be only your friend'; But he's great friends with his ex who he broke up with. I think some people hold grudges and others don't. He does, but his ex doesn't, so they're great friends. (btw they were in 6th grade and went out for 8 months!) If she's the type that always holds grudges then you guys will probably never be friends again.
Personally i have never been able to be a friend with an Ex but i do give you props for wanting to be her friend. My boyfriend and i are not only a couple but best friends too and when we broke up for a period of time i felt as if i wasn't only loosing a love of my life but also a best friend and that makes it all that much harder. I found myself going to the mall saying ';oh he would like that'; but then remembering wait....i cant buy it for him anymore. and a song comes on the radio that i love and remember ';oh ya he showed me this song and we used to sing it together'; Its really hard.


My first question is why did you break up anyways? it seems like you had great chemistry and you love her very much.


Second...do you want to still be a part of her life just to show her how much you enjoy each others company in the hopes of getting her back?


whatever the reason if this girl has no intention on getting back with you whats so ever i would advise staying away. Wanting to be her friend is a very very honorable thought but at this time you need to think of how it is going to make you feel. is it going to drag your emotions for her on and make you want her back more?





Also i bet she is having a hard time too and maybe if you really love her you need to realize that seeing her is only going to make it harder for her to move on.





Basically i think that you should say to her ';I still have feelings for you and this break up is really hard on me. You were also my best friend and i still want that but i know it isn't possible right now but when you feel like it could work give me a call because i would really like it if we could see each other casually and be friends without the awkwardness of emotions getting in the way.';

No comments:

Post a Comment