Friday, August 20, 2010

Is it wrong to ask your friends to stop talking to you about your ex?

He actually isn't my ex. We dated until I learned he was still with his exgirlfriend. I broke it off, even though I was crazy about him.





But now my friends give me updates on him...what he did for Christmas, how he looks, etc. I seriously don't want to know because than we end up talking about him and why it didn't work out with us, etc.





Is it rude for me to ask them not to mention him to me?





I just don't want to talk or think about him. I have moved on and really don't care what he is doing 99% of the time. So it just makes it harder because I start thinking about him and suddenly start missing him.





What do you think????Is it wrong to ask your friends to stop talking to you about your ex?
I would just tell them how u feel ...... i mean , i wouldnt want to hear about my ex either , really. if they are your friends , they will understand. best of luckIs it wrong to ask your friends to stop talking to you about your ex?
I suggest letting them know how it makes you feel when they talk about him to you. Be sure to tell them that you've moved on, and that he's no longer a part of your life, so you'd prefer to not hear about him.





If you tell your friends upfront (politely), they will respect your request and back off.





Hope things work out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment