Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can you stay friends with your ex...if u still love them?

My ex broke up with me three weeks ago...when we broke up we decided that we would stay friends cuz we have a lot of history and still care for eachother. But then when we went out bowling with a bunch of friends I didn't realize that he would be bringing another girl. His new girlfriend I guess. I was pretty hurt to see him with someone else so soon. I acted cool and pretended that it didn't bother me, but it did a lot. He had met this girl while we were still dating thats what hurts me most. They were all over eachother. How should I deal with this, we share some of the same friends so we are bound to run into eachother...how can I handle being around him and his new gf who are always all over eachother?Can you stay friends with your ex...if u still love them?
y do that to yourself. he's having his cake and eating it too basically when you continuously sticking around. what about what you want? obviously you've invested more of yourself in the relationship and he's just not at that same level with you. keep it simple, do what makes you happy and if being around him hurts or make you sad, separate yourself and don't engage in that sort of environment any longer. it's time to move on, good for him that he could move on, now it's your turn. think about it and i hope you find your happiness the way you want it to be. life really is too short to waste your time on things that are not yours to control. people like him should be thoughtful/sensitive toward those they 'claimed' they care for. maybe that is it, he doesn't care, like the many loosers i've been with and is now happy without. good luck and cheers!Can you stay friends with your ex...if u still love them?
I would say stay away from him for a while. If you run into each other then play it cool, be nice and keep it short. It wont hurt as much once more time has passed. From my experiance it always hurt to bad to stay friends right away. But after i gave it time and moved on a little myself it got easier. If you both really still care for each other you will find your way back to friendship later on in life.
three weeks? you're just not ready to see him, even without the girl.





give yourselves some space for long enough to cool off. try not to initiate any kind of communication, it'll open you wound.


i think you should talk and tell him that you need not to see him.


at this point i think you're still needy. you say you just wanna be friends with him but deep inside, you wanna get back together (im assuming). And being friends while you want more will just hurt you.





i hope this helps.





good luck :)
i am sorta feeling what you are feeling[i wonder if its affecting him on the inside]my girlfriend broke up with me cause her parents.yes you can stay friends with the one that you love,it is not easy,the best thing to do would be to make sure that one that you love is happy.


hope i helped.
be stong.


what doesnt kill us makes us stronger.


i know where u are exactly, and right now im just blowing it off being there for him talking to him whenever he needs it and i realize that if he loves me like he said for ll the reasons he said we'll get back together, if its ment, but a heartbreak is a heartbreak and more will come, but remember if it doesnt work, its not ment to be and there is someone better.
You cannot be friends with someone you are in love with, those are two different things and they are not compatible. It sounds like he moved on already, you have to be strong and do the same. Don't subject yourself to the torture of watching them together.
i have the same exact story, besides i saw him at a party with another girl. i was really upset and heartbroken and from this day i am still getting over him. i'm a 15 year old, average teenage girl, and it really is hard. what i did and my friends told me to do, is delete his number, facebook, and anyway i can contact him. that really helped. i'm sorry, good luck
you can but you HAVE to get rid of the feeling you have with him. If you don't dull down that feeling you can never be friends because you keep wanting him in genral. Let time go by so you kinda forget and him but keep in touch
go out with his brother or 1 of his bestest guy friends





MUAHAHAHAHA





but seriously he deserves it and you are not being slutty or bithy or too harsh because what he did is worse than anything you can ever


do. %26lt;---- hopelfully you can prove me wrong
staying friends with him would only spark jealousy and drama. i would give him some space and tell him you just cant handle being around his new GF and him for a while.
Yes I still stayed friends actually good friends(not that way because we were both dating other people after the break up).It is hard to be friends with your ex when you have the same friends but you can act like the more mature person and be friendly with his gf even though it seems out of the way or unheard to do.I did that and I received more respect because I did not just brush the problem off,I also talked with my ex,and I made peace with myself.You might need to make peace with yourself,let go of the past and think ';there is a reason why I am where I am now';. First rule of thmb: take care of yourself before you try to come off as all cool and remember the good times you had with your ex,etc but think:I have an amazing group of people who love me.
It would be easier to stay friends if you weren't in love with him. But you can't just un-love someone on the spot. You have to find closure, maybe talk to him and verbally tell him that you still have feelings for him but you really want to be friends and nothing more. Tell him you are over him, and with that you might convince yourself you are. It must hurt, but if you still really want to be with him, even as friends, your going to just go through the ex-phase and brush the girlfriends as best as you c an.
I'll tell you what, my ex gf told me we'd stay friends after we broke up after a few weeks. It took me several months of having her hang around me, constantly talking to me, asking my advice on this new guy, etc...before I realized how much I wanted her out of my life. Personally, I don't think that anyone can remain ';friends'; after a relationship breaks down. It's just so weird and awkward between you two that it seriously changes things.





All I'm saying is that I wouldn't recommend it. Some people can make it work, but I wasn't one of them. It's up to you to know if you'll be able to push through it and keep him your friend or not.
You will never be able to untill you are over your feelings for him. If you do hang out with him while he has his new GF's around you are, at some point, going to make a big *** of yourself because at some point it is going to get to you. If you still love him then tell him. Maybe he feels the same but doesn't want to tell you!!! Think about it this way. If you were on your death bed RIGHT NOW, would you think about it and say ';Damn I wish I just would have told him how I feel';?
I;ve gone through this whole melodrama that youre going through before. I say, give yourself space for a while. Put space between the two of you. Keep conversations between you two short and sweet and sometimes ignore him. The breakup is still fresh and avoiding him is the best for your heart and mind right now. He isnt thinking about you really, he is thinking about the new girl. So I say think about yourself. Would you really want to put yoursel through the torture of seeing him happy with someone else? Although you do want to se ehim happy, your first concern should be yourself.





best of luck

No comments:

Post a Comment