Monday, August 16, 2010

Mature relationship...I need some tips on how to stay friends with your ex-boyfriend?

My recent ex-boyfriend and I were really great friends for two years before we started dating....we dated for four months and mutually decided to end it a few weeks ago. We both said that we were willing to put forth effort to still be friends ( we are both mature at age 24 and 25 ) but what are some tips that would make the friendship relationship successful again?Mature relationship...I need some tips on how to stay friends with your ex-boyfriend?
Continuing a relationship after dating is always a tricky business. I'm personally on great terms with both of my exes, I dated one for two months and the other one for six. The best advice I can give you is not to bring your relationship back up casually; even though you ended your relationship (wisely, I might add, because few people end relationships calmly and mutually), there will always be some amount of nostalgic affection you have for each other, a soft spot in your hearts, if you will. Avoiding discussion about your past (';Remember that time we kissed under the oak tree?';) can help you to avoid thinking about dating again.





Other than that, I really don't think you need any more advice. You seem very mature to me, and I fully believe that you have the ability to keep this relationship on a purely friendly level without complicating matters.





Congratulations on a peaceful breakup!





Best regards,


AlvinMature relationship...I need some tips on how to stay friends with your ex-boyfriend?
If u guys kissed, made out, whatever....... ur friendship is over! U've seen way too much of each other and have done things together most healthy friendships do not! I have never seen anyone be friends w/ their ex!
you should talk to him about it. about how you want to stay friends. It wont happen with only you putting the effort to it, both of you have to want it. And if you both agree and want to continue dis friendship and be friends again, you should go on as if nothingg happend, and just act totally normal as friends would. hope i helped. good luck.





can you help answer my question?





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ao9BKgwnDewvp9n3sd84u7nsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080316175919AAr75OI
well dont get into his other relationship's b/c that will not be good and dont call him everytime to hang out and dont ask to hang out with him and his new girlfriend when he gets one b/c that wont be good i know i'm young but i dated a 25 year old and i dont thouse things and now we dont talk b/c of it but i wish you the best

No comments:

Post a Comment