Monday, August 16, 2010

Is it wrong to start dating your friends ex-boyfriend if she no longer wants anything to do with him?

My friend and I have been friends for almost 8 years now. She was dating this guy for 3 years and I haven't had the slightest interest in him, as more than a friend, while she was dating him. But I did become good friends with him while she was dating him, though I never hung out with him separately from her. Out of nowhere, she broke up with him with the excuse that he doesn't talk nice to her, all of a sudden. Not even a week after breaking up with him she started dating some other guy, which leads me to believe that she left her boyfriend for this other guy and is blaming the breakup, with her ex, on her ex. I am managing to stay friends with both of them, though I feel like the ';child of divorce.'; My friend, seeing the other guy, has all of a sudden stopped calling me or returning my phone calls, for no reason, as well as her ex's, even after they agreed to stay friends. I have grown pretty close with her ex and, hate to admit it, but have developed feelings for him. Would I be totally wrong to start dating him...I mean, should I try to contact my friend and talk to her about it, or just go about my business? I honestly don't know how she would feel about it but don't know why she isn't even calling me anymore, to begin with. I couldn't live with myself if she were to ever be upset with me about it. I would feel extremely guilty. Please help! My conscience and morals are driving me up the wall!!! What would you do? Thanks!!!Is it wrong to start dating your friends ex-boyfriend if she no longer wants anything to do with him?
Super bad idea. No matter what she says she does not want to see you dating her ex. There are thousands of guys out there to date, why pick the one that you know deep down is going to kill this friendship? And how much sympathy do you think she is going to have if it doesn't work out and he breaks your heart? I think 8 years of friendship is far more valuable. Not to mention that he may be very hurt and using you to get back at her. Rebound relationships hardly ever last.Is it wrong to start dating your friends ex-boyfriend if she no longer wants anything to do with him?
like guys say bros before hoes and is this guy really worth your friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment