Monday, August 16, 2010

Is it selfish to still want to be friends with your ex if the two of you were best friends?

I broke up with my bf last week because we're at different stages in our lives. We were best friends though, and I still consider him my best friend. He said he still wants to be friends.





He was really, really, really upset though, he cried for days afterward (not sure how he's doing now). I was his first girlfriend, and the only person he ever felt close to, he said. He wants me to bring him his stuff back this weekend-- should I wait a while to see him? How long? Is it selfish of me to still really want to be his friend?





Has this sort of thing worked itself out for someone? Because I care about him a whole ton and I can't imagine not having him in my life.Is it selfish to still want to be friends with your ex if the two of you were best friends?
How is wanting to be some one's


friend selfish? It shows you care and


you still love him...just as a friend.


If you two truly want to be friends, give


him his space, but let him know you'll


be there for him when you need him.





Give him space for sure after you return


his stuff. If you're sorry about the break up


let him know and tell him how you feel about


him...let him know you still see him as a


best friend and that you couldn't imagine him


not being in your life.





Best friends are people not worth loosing.


Keep him close and let him heal.





It's never selfish(...unless you cheated).





Friends first.%26lt;3


ALWAYS.


~Is it selfish to still want to be friends with your ex if the two of you were best friends?
I lived with a guy for 8 years and that was 25 years ago and we are still bestfriends. Some people cannot except that. My ex husband hated it but my guy now is totally ok with with it. So yes it can work if both of you are thru with the love romantic part of your relationship. If one still loves then it could be too hard and unfair to that person. They may have false hope. Sit down and talk about it honestly. It may take some time.
I see no problem with the two of u still wants to be best friends! I think it's great.. But watch how u talk to him,, Don't bring up other guys u like or who may like u that will ruin the relationship and prob... HURT him.. Best of Luck sweetie.
no its not selfish if you guys ended in good terms. that just means you can look at him a different way now, it wont be awkward
I know how you feel my ex is and was my best firend he was there through the hardest times in my life and even tho we still truly care for eachother and love one another we still had to give eachother that space things wont be the same as it was even though you will both try it wont be he will get jeauols cuz he cant have you sometimes its the hardest thing your gonna do but it might just be the best thing for you just to let him go if i could do it all over again i would just walk away and not turn back cuz at the end someone just ends up hurting even more godd luck
If you are to bring his stuff back to him this weekend, then that is your opportunity to talk the situation out.
Selfish yes also impossible
im really good friends w/ my ex rite now, but rite after we broke up we werent, i wanted 2 be but he wuz really mad at me for breaking up w/ him so it wuz almost a year be4 he would even talk 2 me, but now were really close again, so yeah its possible n i dont think its selfish especially if he said he still wanted 2 be friends 2

No comments:

Post a Comment