Monday, August 16, 2010

Is it possible to be friends with your ex? and if so how do u make it work?

It is possible to be friends with your ex but only if you have fallen out of love with them but still genuinely like them and they feel thye same way about you.


if either of you harbour any resentment or grudges or would still secretly like to get back with the other or are still strongly sexually attracted to the other it simply wont work.


If your marriage ended because one of you cheated or treated the other badly it is unlikely to work. If you simply grew apart then it well could.Is it possible to be friends with your ex? and if so how do u make it work?
It really depends. It depends on the reason for the breakup. It depends on how mature both people can be.





Me and my ex-husband are still friendly but not friends that see each other all the time. I think that it's too hard for both of us. We did not split because we did not love each other. There was no infidelity. We split because our lifestyles are not compatible and we kept clashing about it and it was time for that misery to stop.





I moved to a different part of town ultimately so that I would not run into his dates/gfs/kids in the grocery store and such. We have not gotten together for drinks or dinner or anything like that. It has been since 2001.





We have NEVER had one nasty word since we had the conversation to split - but that is only because we were clear neither of us was wrong or bad.





Very few people have that. There is infidelity - which makes one or both parties subject to blaming. Very few people can keep their emotions from getting on the other person - in fact sometimes they sling them like s#!t. That is not maturity and won't create a friendly split.





Maybe, after YEARS it's possible. But - I know in my case, the lines would get blurred if we hung out. In the beginning I called occasionally because he had more experience with divorce than I did bc it was my first and his 5th. I have called him for medical needs (he is a doc) and he's taken care of me that way - but I brought my bf with me in most cases. He called me once for support when he thought his dad was going to die. But aside from those needy moments when we can be a touchstone for the other - we really have to keep a clean split. It's too emotional otherwise.





They call it ';breaking up'; for a reason. It's broken. Friendly is something to be proud of, and doable. To maintain friends is the kind of thing where maybe you should never have been more than that in the first place and can naturally go back to it. But it's too much to hope for for most of us.





I have not kept up friendships with ex bfs - for similar reasons or because I could not forgive infidelity.Is it possible to be friends with your ex? and if so how do u make it work?
well, it was possible for me because before hand we had a close relationship as friends. just pull him aside, or call him up and tell him to come over then tell him youu want to be friends, not enemies. make sure youu tell him no strings attached because then they want break-up sex or break-up make outt. be careful of what youuu say because he might get the wrong idea.
Ha, good question.


I am actually texting with my ex now.


Once broken up, we both apologized,


and claimed to stay friends.


When we were dating I was the only


person he ever opened up to.


If he opened up to you, it's likely


he still wants to, like my EX.


Ask him things, like


How is life treating you?


or something that calls for a heart-filled response.



not possible. the only way for a breakup to work is total separation. try nailing his/her bestfriend, that should wrap things up nicely.
Yes you can be friends. It can be easy


Just don't talk to soical. Just everyday


things. Still flirt. It'll keep you from doing


stuff you don't wanna or will regret later
forget about the past..^-^
totally. al my xs r like my bffs!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment