Monday, August 16, 2010

Did you stay friends with your ex?

I'm talking platonic friendship.. nothing sexual. I find it hilarious how ppl always assume that ex's can not be friends. But the reality is that your bf is usually like your primary confidant. You tell everything to that person. So when the relationship ends and especially if it ends on a good note, then why should you just completey lose that confidant? Is there anybody here that has managed to stay good friends with an ex? My ex and i sometimes help each other out with money, he's there when i need someone to just talk and i'm there for him too. Our relationship can best be described as Michael and Julianne's from My best friends wedding. I cherish our relationship a lot.. it's been over a year and he's still my closest friend. He's such a good guy that i wanna keep it that way too. I am just careful b/c i know there's still some physical attraction on his part (none on mine.. even though he's an attractive guy).


So have you ever decided to stay friends with an ex? Tell me your story..Did you stay friends with your ex?
yes we are still bestfriends and he manages to help me out through all the hard times :D Try to remember that the past is in the past. No matter what happened, it only means as much as you let it mean. Sometimes loving or painful memories can affect how we feel in the moment- but you have control over how much weight you give your past when considering your present.Don't make comments about when you went out, just remember, you only want to be friends. Do not talk about your past relationship with him/her. And if you must, then think about what you say before you say it. It is a sensitive topic that has the potential to become hurtful and difficult to end on a good note.Did you stay friends with your ex?
we have been divorced for 7 yrs and we are better Friends that now than we ever have been.she has remarried and has children,other than ours.i get along with her husband also,people think its weird or even a little stupid,but who cares.the problems now are that my current girl friend doesn't like it one bit..and has left me a couple of times because of it..but like i said before..who cares.
Most relationships don't end well, that's why they are not friends.
No.
NO
good for you ]


but some Xs are best to stay awy from
yes i stayed friends with my ex and really good friends actually:)
Me and my first husband are friends. We don't hang out and talk all the time. But we are like long lost friends. We call every so often to catch up. He's a great guy and we adore each other. But we never wanted the same thing in life at the same time.


Now my second husband, not so much. In fact I avoid him. He never understood being friends with the X. But since we still have the same friends we only stay in contact for family tragedies. And send our condolences out of respect for the family. We are kind and I treat him as I would a business associate.
as strange that it might sound me and my ex wife are good friends, we help each other other, since our divorce we have talk about everything that went wrong, but things were to late to fix, she has moved on with someone else that she is in love with, but they have problems, she tells how she feels and that things are tough sometimes. I try to help her out, even though we are apart now, 5yrs together you just cant throw it all away, to many memories, we know each other to well we know that no matter what we will always be there for each other. you never lose the love completely but just put somewhere else in your heart!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment