Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Any stories of being friends with your ex?

How long until you were able to be friends withyour ex girlfriend or boyfriend? Was it ok?





My boyfriend and I broke up for the second time (but its officially over) and I still want to be friends because I never knew him as a friend like before but I don't know how long I should wait so it isn't awkward. And listening to stories helps. THanks :)Any stories of being friends with your ex?
Oh my goodness it was a while. You go through denial a little and then after a few months, you start to go through a hating phase, where you start to think about all the bad things (especially if he broke up with you). But after a few months, (I'd say about 2 and a half) you probably have the power to call him and hang out casually. You never know what may happen ;)Any stories of being friends with your ex?
I am going through the same thing right now. My ex broke up with me and she wanted to be friends straight away afterward. She called me daily and we talked but there was always something fake there. So I told her I just needed some time apart for a while and she said she needed the same. However she has tried to get a hold of me in the meantime. the difference is I want to get back together with her and I think she wants the same but it just can't work for right now.





So in my rambling I guess I am just trying to say give yourselves some space and try at it again when you can forgive the breakup and mean it to yourself.
Ha ha, actually yes I do have a story. Well, me and my ex went out for 6 months and it was a pretty decent relationship; some flaws here and there but okay. We broke up twice and both times he tried to get me back and the first time it worked and the second time it did not. I tried to be his friend, but this didn't work because he would randomly call me and beg for me to take him back or he would text me angrily and call me a liar and a ***** and all these horrible things ( keep in mind that I tried to make it as easy and as simple as I could for both of us) but it just didn't work. Now I have no respect for him at all and we both dislike each other. So I would say give it time and just see how it goes, things always work out.





Good luck!


Kaitlin
I dated my best friend for 6 months he cheated on me. I toke time for me to forgive for all the hurt he put me threw. But I did forgive in forget. It toke me two months. I missed talking to my best friend like we did before we dated.





I've dated lots of my ex's in I'm still friends with most of them.





So yes you can be friends with an ex. I mean if your in a relationships with someone you had a type of friendship it shouldn't always have to end with some pissed at the other. YOU CAN FORGIVE AND FORGET! IN TIME!! I did.





But for the time line for you. I can't really give ye that. Mostly cause I don't know your relationship with him or how it ended. So just give your self time. In when you ready to be friend with him you'll know.
I went out with a guy for 4 months, and it was really hard for me when we broke up because a few days after i went away for 3 weeks. When i got back, he had a party, and i got upset, due to a bit too much alcohol but irregardless. After this, i focused on not seeing him that way, and as a result we managed to become best friends, which was really good, i didn't really know him as a friend before either.


Probably not the best example because we got back together again last month, but still, it can happen :)
You can only be friends when you two are really over each other. If there are still feelings there then it could be hard to be just friends. I went through the same thing so I distanced myself from my ex for almost a year and today he is one of my best friends.
like the day after lol no kidding





me and him were best friends since 8th grade so we had that amazing friendship to go back to.





he stilled called me every night, texted when we could, went out to places...it was like nothing changed. It honestly depends on how good the friendship was before you decided to become a couple.








P.S. we got back together a month later (: hehe.
I'm very good friends with an ex, and also with his wife. In fact, I did his wife's makeup for their wedding. I think it all depends on the reason for the break up. He and I will always love each other as friends - we just weren't good as a couple.
not a good idea!


we kept gettin back together and splittin up for like 2 years even though we knew it didnt work


its because its so easy to hook up and he was always there when i split up with another bf so id go back to him cus i was scared of bein on my own
Well, one of my ex's cheated on me, so it was kind of hard to be friends with someone like that again...





and even after a year, I don't like him much as a person! But of course, that's just me.
For me it took about 2 months. But we didn't really talk a lot in those 2 months, and I think that really helped. We had our space and got over what had happened and then we were ready to be friends again.
It takes years if the relationship was serous. You may try before that but it just wont work. You need time to let all of the feeling slowly get weaker.
it didnt work....we're still not friends bc hes a jerk as a friend and a boyfriend. hes not going to make it far in life with his attitude.
i think that u should talk to him and explain that u wanna be friends with him but do it soon dont wait too long cuz he might not want anything to do with u
ive never actually remained friends with any of my exes but that doesnt mean i wudnt say hi if i bumped into one of them its just i havent ever really bumped into any of them
I am going to say about 2months later..We ended up messing around again..He didn't tell me he was married..

No comments:

Post a Comment