Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Would you continue being friends with your ex if you were best friends before you became lovers?

Nothing really went wrong in the relationship. We just aren't meant to be together. So wouldn't you still want to be friends. How can you go from being best friends and lovers to nothing? I'm just so angry he doesn't want my friendship just because he can't have me. :(Would you continue being friends with your ex if you were best friends before you became lovers?
I want your friendship!!!!Would you continue being friends with your ex if you were best friends before you became lovers?
This is a really hard thing to go through. I have been there before. It hurts bad enough to end the relationship but then losing the friend on top of everything makes things so much worse. If he would have been the one to break up with you then he would be eager right now to remain friends, but since it seems like you are the one that let him go, he is probably hurting and mad and doesn't want anything to do with you right now. The only thing you can really do at this point is leave him alone. And when he starts missing you he will be back. Things will be different because you will only be friends but he will still always care even when you aren't talking. Guys aren't always the best at dealing with things like this. He will see it just as rejection even if that's not the case. I'm sorry you are going through this. I just got out of a relationship so I know how you are feeling. Things will get better.
My ex-wife is probably the closet friend I have. It was hard road to get to, but when we realized that we still loved each other, it became very clear. We would not have what we once had, but it is better. We see each other maybe 2 times a month. have lunch, go to the beach, run errands, shop and it is an ongoing healing process. In a much as I love her, I don't want to be with her, but we do want to be in each others life. It is a platonic relationship, with a great deal of tenderness and affection. The down side is that if I ever wanted to get involved with another woman, my ex would be thrilled, but this new woman most likely would not understand it and be vexed with fits of jealousy.





My case is extremely rare. No one goes from being best friends and lovers to nothing unless he does everything to fall out of love with you. I thought I had, but I never did. He might come around, but he needs to adjust his love for you so that it celebrates what you had and looks forward to better times now.
Yes! I think you should be friends, especially if 'nothing really went wrong' and because you were 'Best' friends. I think you're right.





You should talk to him. Unfortunately, it would be easier for you if he was the one who did the dumping or breaking up with. You did break up with him right?





Explain how you feel and ask him ';How can we go from being best friends and lovers to nothing?'; Hopefully this will make him want the friendship more or at least understand better.
Most men especially young have a bit of an ego. If thats you in your profile well yeah he's gonna have an ego about it since he is spurned. You should be careful because men will do wierd things to get you to be with them physically if you just want to be friends, including guilt trips or ignoring you.
You can try it but I guarantee you, as soon as one of you moves on to a new relationship, that'll pretty much kill your ';friendship.'; After all, you separated for a reason, right? Why pretend that you can still be good buddies?
That should b even more reason 2 b friends again if u can get over the weirdness!!...as u said it wasnt meant 2 b and u obviously care bout him so maybe tell him ''it dosnt matter that we arent 2gether i still care bout u''!!...keep tryin he might b a lil hurt but hell get over it and b friends again!! xx
If you 2 was not meant for eachother then leave him 100%. It his fault and lost if he can not be your friend.
Just let him be. some guys cant take rejection i guess.


I would be friends if the relationship ended well.
sure why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment