Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How many of you divorced people have stayed really good friends with your ex? ?

Is it possible to stay good friends with an ex-husband or wife without emotions or nostalgia being involved? Is it really possible to just remain on platonic terms? How do those of you feel whose current partner has a friendly 'ex' on the scene ?How many of you divorced people have stayed really good friends with your ex? ?
Until my ex passed away with cancer in February of this year, she and I were friends. She was invited to ALL family functions, and went out with us as a family to celebrate birthdays, holidays, etc. We remained friends, for the kid's sake, and never bad-mouthed each other. It was healthy for the whole family that way. How many of you divorced people have stayed really good friends with your ex? ?
My husband and his ex-wife hate each other more than anything else on this planet, which is sad because they have 2 sons together. I guess that it could be because they separated on bad terms, she cheated on him, and then blamed him for making her do it (stupid I know). We all wish that we could get along for the sake of the kids, but every time things are going well for a week, something happens, and the arguments start all over again. They try to have as little communication with each other as possible (unless it's really important). They figure that is the best way to keep the kids out of the arguments, and it's the only way that seems to be working at all.


Sometimes a decent relationship just isn't possible after a long relationship.
My ex and I were not on friendly terms for many years after the divorce. Mostly because of him. I tried, for the sake of the children ... but he was very angry and bitter.





I have been remarried for 23 years, he has been remarried for about 5 years. We saw each other for the first time after the divorce in 2000. It was easy to be friendly because we no longer had feelings for each other. His wife and I email each other about once a year, she usually contacts me to check on my kids, who really aren't kids any more at ages 29 and 30 -- but we communicate and there are no ill feelings.





I suppose it is much easier to stay on good terms with an ex when everyone involved has the good sense to put bad feelings aside, and approach the future with a mature vision.
well its possible as long as there are limits and as long as its a 2 way street. if the ex's know that your with someone else then maybe. how your current partner will (as the new partner) i can tell you how i feel if you are always putting your ex in front of your new love, it may have been better if you two never divorced. but hey it could work



I am not friends with my ex. The things she did during our marriage rule that out. I don't even have a relationship with my children or grandchildren, because they still see my ex. My ex even slept with my brother while we were together. Happily, he is dead now, and I placed his ashes in urinals in a gay bar. A fitting end to human scum.
It is indeed rare. In my case, I have refused to talk to my ex since 1991. She poisoned my kids against me, and s4ecretly,. got pregnant by someone else which made her warped min d thnk she was in loive with another and she left the marriage. Since then, she has continued sporatically to try to do things to hurt me. I want zero part of her.
yea im very good friends with my ex husband...we had a great relationship when our girls were growing up, he was welcome at my home anytime. now that the girls are grown occasionally we would get together and drink some beer...hes has been friends with my boyfriends also...and im friends with his girlfriend..


maturity plays a key role in staying friends with the ex and knowing where the boundaries are...



My ex and I are friends, mainly because we have a child. He likes my husband and respects our marriage. We are friends with very strong boundaries, we don't discuss each others personal lives or get involved.
Me and my first husband only speak only every now and then and its because we have two kids together, other than that I would never talk to him..
if there are kids involved, i would do my best to be friendly. if no children, i would cut all ties.
I'm still friends with my ex, he even looks after my dogs while I'm at work during the day.
not that many

No comments:

Post a Comment