Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Can you be friends with your ex?

Curious as to how many people are successfully friends with their ex. Did it happen right away or after a few months or so?


My ex wants to be friends and I'm wondering if its even a possibility. I'm over him. He claims to be just looking for a friendship.Can you be friends with your ex?
I am friends with my ex it took a couple of weeks to get used to still having him around and not being able to have him. I would go for the friendship give it a little wile and take the chance.Can you be friends with your ex?
I have sucessfully been friends with my ALL of my ex's. It took a couple months but honestly i feel like there my best friends and they help me with about any situation with friends or the current boyfriend. Give it a shot. If he acts like you guys used to be then let him go. Tell him you weren't ready for what he had in mind and that you don't plan to be
yeah you can be friends with your ex. my best friend and his ex are still good friends but they're break up was a weird confusing one
you can be i'm friends with mine
That's tough. I think it depends on how long you were together and what caused the break up. Its also different with everyone. Im friends with my last ex, but it took me 4 months to get over my hard feelings about the whole thing. He wanted to stay friends right after he broke up with me...but I couldn't do it. You gotta make sure you're over the person because if you're not, you'll be feeling just like you did when the relationship ended. And for starting a friendship, take it slow. I don't like to say I'm ';friends'; with my ex, I prefer to say I'm civil with him. I don't like problems because we are in the same crowd. So out of respect for our friends, and for each other, we say hi every once in a while, and every now and then we will text each other and say what's up. As far as it getting on another level, I doubt that will happen, unless it's a about a year or so later from now. You gotta protect yourself. Hope this helps
I only have one ex-girlfriend, and at first we didn't speak to each other because every timewet up she kept trying to seduce me again and it was starting to piss me off. Now, a few months later, we're starting to talk again and become friends.





So yes it is possible, but it will probably take some time.
It depends, I wanted to be and we were but then we started loving each other again - ended up fighting- tried to be friends again and now have no contact since a year. So most probably no but it's always possible - never say never.
no you can't because you will start having a feeling in side in your heart that you don't want to feel!!!!
yes it' possible i'm still friends with my ex's and it does take time to be friends. maybe a month or so.
If you are both mature, and there are no unresolved feelings between the two of you it should be fine. But if you don't want to be friends with him, don't let him pressure you into it. Patching up a friendship is something that should be taken slowly so you can make sure it's genuine. Good luck!
Unfortunately, most people can't remain friends with their ex. The hole uncomfortable former relationship thing gets in the way and we start to avoid each other and before you know it, a year goes by and you haven't spoken to them. Life gets in the way or we find someone else to occupy our time. Its ok to let go, after all you came away from the relationship learning allot and are a better person for it. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment