Monday, August 16, 2010

Can you stil be friends with your ex?

Me and my bf just broke up after dating for 6 months. We've known eachother for almost 2 years and we were best friends before we dated. We talk about everything; without him I'm sometimes lost and even though I'm hurting and heartbroken from our breakup, he's still my best friend, however things just seem different this time. I'm worried that we're not going to be friends and talk like we used to when we were friends. We've broken up before, and got back together, but this time we had a huge fight, over his ex gf (that's the only reason we've broken up in the past, his ex gf of 4 years), and we both lost our tempers and I'm worried that has changed the both of us. I love him with all of my heart....How do we stay friends, like we were before? Is it even possible? Has this fight doomed our friendship? I'm lost without this person in my life. He means the world to me, even if it is just a friendship I have with him. Our friendship, means the world to me. Please help!Can you stil be friends with your ex?
a person doesn't build a house unless he counts all the costs and risks involved. counting costs and risks is also a part of starting a relationship thats is more than just a friendship. Part of that cost is the friendship that is built.





you may invest thousands on building a house but things could happen and you'd have to let it go back. you'd probably feel like you were losing not just money and a place to live but where you called home. well thats all apart of the risk..same thing with relationships. you count the costs and sometimes you have to let go even if the person still feels like home. it sucks but thats called being alive. you deal and go on.Can you stil be friends with your ex?
Yes!


Ive been friends with my ex for about 13 years!


He and I were just talking about this the other night.


The only thing is, we don't bring people that we are dating with us if we see each other. That's only because when I'm single he's with someone and vise versa, and we don't like to be the third wheel. If we're in a relationship at the same time, I'm sure we'd go out with our mates with no problems. I have absolutely NO feelings for him what-so -ever.


Now for you, would the two of you be able to handle seeing each other with someone new?


If he gets back with his ex, could you handle that?


If so, then you'll be o.k.


Good luck to you鈾モ櫏
I really think people break up for a reason. You aren't meant to stay friends with that person..you need to move on. Once you crossed that ';friend'; barrier and became more than friends you lost the ability to have that platonic friendship. From now on it will never be platonic, there will always be feelings from either you or your ex. I would just try to heal and learn from this situation. Spend some time apart. You broke up for a reason! Of course you want to still be with him because he is comfortable, I am sure he feels the same way. But you really need to stay strong and move on from this.. or it will just be an endless cycle of makeup and then breakup if someone doesn't stick to their guns. Cherish the memories you have of your ex/friend and maybe keep those two positions in your life seperate next time. There is a really good book on this subject called '; It's called a break up because it's broken'; or something to that effect by greg bernhardt. It will give you tips on how to move on with your life.
I say maybe.
it just all depends on the relationship you have with him like me and ex i wanted to be friends with him but after he called me whore for just seeing somebody while we broken up it just depends on how things are working between you two
Some can and others can't.
Yes you can. But both of you have to find a partner before and show that you are not interested in closer relationship.


With some of my exes I could stay friends, but I don't want to stay around a girl if I think she still loves me while I don't love her. It is just breaking her heart worse and wasting her time she could spend with someone who appreciates her more.
Give this some time,you'll get over him.
Well...based on my experience, you CAN be acquainted with your ex but NOT friends. Especially when you one of you still have the slightest feelings for the other. BAD BAD idea! I'd say give it some time. The amount of time that you no longer have feelings for him and vice versa and has fully moved on with your life. Only then you can begin with your friendship once again. Good luck!
give it time , time heals everything.its hard to be friends right away cause of the feelings try it after a week maybe good luck%26lt;3
I am still friends with my ex. Its possible.
ya it is poss. to becum frndz
well it seems like you are a better person than you think. if you want to remain friends with your ex ..plain and simplly talk to him . you probably will be shocked that he might feel the same and if he dont... well i quess that you would be grown up about it and honor his wishes. belive in that people dont stay mad at others that they love for long
it is possible to be friends with your ex but at first it's gonna kinda awkward. looking at your situation i think you'll still have feelings for eachother. you just need to talk to him more and act like buddies...you might even end up dating eachother again..and it's also hard to be ';just friends'; when you love him so much.
sounds like you can either stay friends ( with some apologies) or even get back together.
you've heard it a million times..';time heals all wounds';..I'm in your situation in a way..I still hang out with my ex gf and I'm always helping her out with anything or paying for food when we go out to eat and what not..it's hard for me for us to just hang out as friends and it hurts..there's something in me that knows we'll be back together again..seemed like you and your bf get along great..I'm sure you still will be good friends, maybe just use this time to take a break and then try working things out again..I hope with time, my ex gf and I can work out our differences and be together again because she means a lot to me too..good luck with you
yep you can still be friends with him.do you know why? It's just because your friendship with him is more important than being Bf or GF.....so it's up to you babe

No comments:

Post a Comment